4.28.2009

#27. "pretty nice little saturday . . . "

(note: this was supposed to post yesterday. not sure what happened there . . .)

ok, ok, it was actually sunday. and we went to Lowe's not Home Depot. but still, it works people, it works . . . . (plus, we did have enough time to go to Bed Bath & Beyond)

anyway, I needed to repot some plants and Rock wanted to look at lumber (again) for his (interminable) entertainment center project. (no really, he's been talking about this for almost a year. we've made 4 of these "wood scouting trips" and I don't even know how many he's made on his own. -- I swear he spends his lunch breaks at Home Depot. he has the store memorized)

anyway, Lowe's. garden center. browsing through the azaleas and the gerbera daisies and all the other gorgeous blooms I didn't even know you could grow at home! (stupid short mountain growing seasons) and there they are:




boots! and not just boots, BOOT PLANTERS! you're supposed to put your pansies in there and put it in your yard! in your yard! and to think of the time I wasted making fun of the little "southwest" pots with a cactus on them . . . I was going to try to put my foot in it, but Rock stopped me. I think he was embarrassed . . .

we didn't buy any boot planters. but I did get a cute little tomato plant and Rock picked out a pepper plant. we bought pots and soil and pavers for the backyard (but no wood. again.) and I even got everything repotted before the crazy rain storm!

I also realized that I have no clue how to grow tomatoes or peppers. and I'm historically pretty bad at keeping things alive . . . this could be fun . . . anyone know how to not kill food plants?

1 comment:

  1. Those are hideous and oh, so Texas! :)

    And no, I don't know how. I kill everything. However my husband has an amazing green thumb (thank God).

    ReplyDelete