4.22.2009

#26. refreshing taste of lemon & lime

remember when mom came to visit? and we tested out some different centerpiece ideas? I finally have pictures!
we're looking at green and yellow (and maybe sapphire blue) for colors and thought what's green and yellow? fruit! specifically, lemons and limes. so, momma and I bought a bunch of lemons and limes and spent half a day cramming them into vases in various order.
like so . . .

not bad but not exactly what I was looking for . . .

we also cut slices to put into a vase with a narrower opening:


a little gross, you say? yeah, but look at it a few hours later . . .

mmmmm . . . or not. I think this one is a NO

after a while, we came up with what I think is a winner:

(mmmm . . . background liquor cabinet . . . which I totally needed after 4+ hours of fruit arranging )

it would look better if the glass didn't have that strange wheat pattern, but, it's a pretty clear idea of what we're going for. maybe this on half, floral on half? maybe some of both? not completely sure yet, but I feel like some sort of progress has been made. and that's enough for me. (for now . . .)

what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of fresh citrus. Our floral designer has done a few wedding that incorporate lemons and limes really well. She has photos from one of the them on her site, but the site kind of sucks and these photo don't really capture the full deal, but anyway, for your perusal: http://www.blooms007.com/style/stylelemonlime.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE fruits and florals mixed together - I think it adds so much depth and color. You guys did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like yours! We are planning on doing some stuff with lemons for my wedding.

    ReplyDelete