4.09.2009

#20. location showdown, part 2

after much debate (no really. we went rounds and rounds about this. I have the "master matrix of decision making" to prove it), we picked a location! and confirmed a date! and got a caterer! woo! I feel like I've accomplished so much!

ok, so, we're gonna do this thing May 29 at a hill country bed & breakfast . . . not my original date choice, honestly -- the venue GAVE AWAY our original date & didn't feel like they needed to tell me until a week later when I called them . . . (can you tell I'm still a little steamed) but, really, this will be a much better date. Rock's granny & gpaw got married on May 29 years and years ago. I didn't know this until Granny got misty when we told her the date we picked . . . Gpaw passed last year, so it will really mean a lot to her.


anyway, enough talky-talky . . . pictures of the b&b:

It looks like Tara . . .

(the gazebo isn't actually tilt-y, just Rock's photo skillz)

something terribly facinating in the fountain . . .

and, my favorite . . . at night . . .

I am so super duper excited about this place! and it's a b&b so we're staying there the night before and the night after! (the pics of the inside turned out strange . . . probly ghosts. no really, it totally looks like ghosts. and while we were there, a really heavy vase just fell over in a totally empty room. ghosts. I'm excited!)

also, they have a chef, so that's a check too! we're having steak fajitas & lime-cilantro chicken quesadillas and other deliciousness . . . mmmmm . . . .

in a strangely-related conicidence, it turns out their sous-chef worked in and around yellowstone (where Rock & I met!) . . . .

have I mentioned I'm excited?!

4 comments:

  1. HELLO!!!! This is amazing! Wow. The permanent outdoor open-structure is SO BEAUTIFUL, too. I wish our venue was set up that way instead of using tents. The damn tent ceilings are so ugly, but I don't exactly have an extra $2k lying around to cover it up.

    This place is AMAZING, seriously.

    Holy crap, I will have just had my one-year married anniversary then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I found your blog one day because I was googling Accidental Texas - that's what I feel like too being from NY, but I had to delurk because I recognized one of the pictures above and wanted to let you know that I believe (if this is the place I think it is) I'll bet attending a wedding there in December of this year. I can let you know how it goes but everything my friend has said and shown me about the location looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @maggie ~ I love how the ceiling looks like the inside of a tent without having to actually mess with a tent. also, one-year anniversary: I'm so jealous! - 18 months is WAY too long to be engaged . . .

    @TUWABVB ~ glad you found me! I hope it is where your friend is getting married! b&b south of austin? it's super-awesome! (have I mentioned I'm excited about it?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep - B&B south of Austin! In fact, the town is the same name as the bride's last name! :)

    I'll definitely take pictures for you and give you some feedback! It looks BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'm so, so excited!

    ReplyDelete