3.28.2009

#17. cause I'm awesome

I applied to grad school about a month ago and haven't heard a breath of a word. until the other day. the head of the department left me a message about some changes in the program, I need to select either thesis option or project option, etc, etc, etc . . . and I start freaking out.

after asking everyone who would stop and listen to me, I decided on the thesis option. (our vietnamese building attendant thought I should. that or I should stop walking on his flowerbeds, not really sure . . .) I called and left the department head a message that I would like to start in the thesis option one but that I wondered about the other and that I didn’t have much information about the specifics . . . and while I was doing this (standing in the super echo-y entryway to my office), it starts raining like crazy, weather sirens start going off & I get all confused, stumble over my words, and forget what I was saying . . . it was awesome.

more freaking out. so, I decide to write her an email clarifying that I am interested in the thesis option & sorry if she couldn’t understand the message, with the weather sirens and such . . . I’m almost done with this email and she calls! I try to close the window & accidentally push send (cause I’m awesome). So she got this half finished email that may or may not actually make sense . . . (cause I’m awesome). more freaking out.

I had a great conversation with her (in spite of the freaking out silently). she thought I’d hear something in the next few weeks & if I get in (she said that part), she will email me more information.

now we wait. and hope that my inability to use email doesn’t hurt my chances. and that super-awesome rambly voicemail I left her . . . crap. I'm screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment