6.02.2009

#38. lemons & limes, part III

will continuously using this title get old? probably. too bad.

so back forever a few weeks ago I promised you some pictures from the latest lemon/lime extravaganza when I was home to visit momma. after the tests we did with real fruit (and the resulting mess!), momma thought it would be a good idea to test, well, fake fruit. foam fruit to be exact. somewhere (t.j.maxx), somehow (clearance rack) she found large amounts of foam faux lemons and limes. momma already has more vases than a second-rate flower shop so we hauled out tons of hers and got to work.

here's what we put together:



here's what I learned:

  • I really like the look of all the same fruit in the tall lined vases (see the right side of pic 2)
  • the deep green vase with the bright yellow lemons is great (see pic 1, just right of middle)
  • I don't like the fishbowl vases (pic 2, left)
  • the low bowl with flowers & fruit is super pretty (pic 2, lower left) but real fruit won't float, right? will that be good or bad?
  • we will in no way need to buy vases! seriously. there are, what, 10 vases on the table here? not even a dent in the displayed collection. not even a dent. I swear the woman has 15 tall lined ones & 8 or 10 of those low floater bowls
  • wine is a necessity in these endeavors
  • my step daddy is such a good sport
and, for those of you who have made it this far, here's a bonus shot of my memorial day weekend. we got a grill!

(yeah, that's me. in a box. I may or may not have tried to trap the dog in it later that evening. unsuccessfully.)

1 comment:

  1. I love you in the box! And honestly, all of the vase options look amazing. I would just mix and match your top three picks on different tables!

    ReplyDelete