5.14.2009

#35. you can read me anything

did you watch the scrubs finale the other night? (I know, I'm a little behind. look, that's what tivo is for, right?) anyway, did you watch it? I cried. for real. sobbed. (surprise, right? or not . . .) I love scrubs. I like zach braff even though I don't always understand him (garden state? I guess I just didn't get it)

my favorite part of the episode was at the very end, when he's leaving the hospital & sees his future played on the scrim in front of him. It was beautiful and funny and Elliot has a gorgeous dress on in their future wedding.





I also really like the song they played for that final montage. it's been in my head for days! I was pretty sure I recognized it from somewhere, but I could not put it together. so last night I finally looked it up. it was the peter gabriel version of Book of Love. (honestly, I was a little embarrassed that it was peter gabriel. and that it's cheesy. but I like it) I really like the music. I have now listened to the original (magnetic fields), the peter gabriel and a few other covers but I like the scrubs one best . . . I'm thinking about it for wedding music . . . in the ceremony somewhere? first dance? (we don't have a song. I'm sure I'll talk more about that later)

and I'm actually still not sure where I first heard it song (not from shall we dance. it was before that . . .) but I guess it doesn't matter too much.

1 comment:

  1. I don't watch Scrubs but I have always loved that song! In fact, I'm going to add it to my Ipod right now - thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete