5.08.2009

#32. why I love hgtv (or lemons & limes, part II)

renting sucks. Rock & I live in a little house in ghetturbia. you know, right where the ghetto bleeds into the suburbs? not quite gritty enough to be urban, not yet chic enough to have a name? that's us. (side note: I didn't know neighborhoods needed names until I moved here. is that normal or just texas?) also, we have the dumbest woman I have ever met in real life for our landlady. all of this makes me want to own a house . . . more than I can possibly express, I want to actually own the place where I sleep. I have dreams of painting walls and retiling floors and installing kitchen cabinets . . . as a result, we watch a lot of hgtv. and I have been reading design & remodel blogs lately.

enter This Young House and their diy/design fabulousness. they have been remodeling their midcentury ranch house & post about it. they answer reader questions, they post lots of pictures . . . and they posted about their gorgeous, casual, at-home, backyard wedding!
they held the ceremony in the back yard.


and the reception on the driveway.


(reception night shot)


check out her awesome dress (love the back!)


which she dyed afterwards to be a fab cocktail number


and, AND they used lemons & limes in glass vases for the centerpieces! this is just like what I want!



I am nowhere near ambitious enough to hold a wedding in my very own backyard (even if we had a nice one that wasn't full of mud & the neighbors trash . . . ) but this wedding (and couple) is so cute! go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment